Research Behind COR
The University of Virginia's Center for the Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning (CASTL), funded by Atlantic Philanthropies and WT Grant, developed this suite of online learning modules called Creating Opportunities through Relationships (COR).
The learning modules focus on building positive relationships with students, based on the COR model which addresses the essential pieces of a relationship and how they work together. Understanding this model empowers teachers to pay close attention to the different factors influencing their relationships, which in turn will help them form stronger and more positive connections with students.
This work is based on the research of the following experts who contributed to the modules.
- Dr. Jason Downer, Associate Professor, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia
- Dr. Edward Fergus, Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy, New York University
- Dr. Anne Gregory, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- Dr. Bridget Hamre, Associate Professor, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia
- Dr. Patricia Jennings Associate Professor, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia
- Dr. Pedro Noguera, Professor of Education, New York University
- Dr. Robert C. Pianta, Professor and Dean, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia