Thanks for using the COR (Creating Opportunities Through Relationships) professional development program! Here we describe how we collect, use and handle your information when you use our website and learning modules.
What do we collect and why?
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
- Account. We collect, and associate with your account, the following information: your first and last name, email address, organization type and professional association (both optional), the dates you accessed the site, as well as which pages you access on our website.
- Learning Modules. When you use our learning modules, we track information about the activities you access, your start date, as well as your completion date. We do NOT collect the personal reflections or answers you provide to the various learning experiences. All of these answers are used to provide instant feedback to you as a learner, but are not stored for further use or analysis on our website.
- Usage. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access our website. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, and the web pages you visit on our site. This information is used to help us better understand who accesses our website and how we can best support various devices and browser types. We do not use this information for any further tracking or sharing with other parties.
- Google Analytics. COR uses Google analytics data to globally track participation and usage of our website. As a user, you can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Who do we share your data with and why?
We do not share information about your website usage with any 3rd party organizations (unless there is a legal circumstance that requires us to do so by law). We only share or access completion data collected during your learning experience with team members of our organization, or your organization if you are participating in this professional development as part of a larger group.
- Trouble-shooting - We will review data collected to address any technology issues or learning issues you may experience. For example, our technology support staff may review your progress through a learning module if you report an error in your progress.
- Progress report - If necessary, we will review data that tracks your progress during the learning modules and share with any stakeholders from your organization. For example, if you are participating in this program as part of a required professional development program through your organization, and they have requested a progress report of user participation, we will compile and share that information for review.
- Global Analysis - At times, we will review and analyze information such as participant tracking, completion rates, and technology used to access the site. This information will be analyzed and shared in an unidentified, global way to better understand how participants are making use of the site, and how we can make improvements to the site.
- Legal Circumstances - We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of the COR website or our users; or (d) protect COR's intellectual property rights.
How and where do we store your data?
- Security. Our web development team is dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We use the latest technologies to ensure login processes are secure and password set-up and retrievals are rigid and safe. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
- Data storage. We use a 3rd party Internet Service Provider to house and store our website and associated databases. For more information about their storage and back-up procedures please visit http://www.inmotionhosting.com/privacy-policy.
What if you want to delete your account and all associated data?
As part of participating in the COR learning experience, we retain the information that is collected by the website during your online sessions, as well as the information you enter as part of your account set-up. If you need to delete your account for any reason, your data will continue to be stored on our web servers unless a specific request is made to identify and delete all associated data with your account. Please note:
- Because we use a 3rd party internet service provider we cannot ensure that all website back-ups made of the website can be cleared of data related to your account
- we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.